Phone (07) 5594 0009
Our new purpose-built facility was opened in March 2016 after 50yrs of residence at the original venue on Brisbane Road.
Our new purpose-built facility has many features to boast about
- Fully insulated concrete block walls core filled with concrete to maintain temperature within the boarding environment
- Fully insulated thermal rated ceiling to enhance the temperature control
- Floor resin leaves the floor feeling soft & warm; not a hard cold concrete floor. Great for the old arthritic dogs
- Large extraction fan in the ceiling sucking ‘out old’ air out of the environment and ‘consequently sucking ‘in new air’ into the boarding environment, maintaining & enhancing fresh air at all times
- 24hr weather control – no more windy days & no more thunderous weather upsetting and causing anxiety amongst our canine guests
- Air conditioning
- Fresh filtered water for drinking, bathing & cleaning
- Steam cleaning & enzyme cleaning
- Hide & Sneak Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds with toys, slippery slides, sand pits & bathing pools
- Piped music
- Aromatherapy throughout the boarding environment
- Power Walks & Nature Walks
- Pet Taxi Service
Doors to each boarding room kennel are of a mesh construction with a secured walkway between the front of each room, leading to the playrooms and yards.
Each room is provided with bedding, but if you should bring along your dogs favourite blanket or one of your “old” shirts, we are only too happy to line their beds with their scents and your scents, to help make their stay more familiar! Their toys are welcome, but we can’t always guarantee their safe return!
The dogs are given morning and afternoon play sessions in the common playrooms and yards. Where possible we place the dogs in playgroups with similar dogs for socialisation and fun! Some dogs are not as sociable and play in the yards on their own or interact through the fences with other dogs in the adjacent playrooms and yards.
During the middle of the day the dogs are all kennelled and the main meal of the day is served. Late arrivals in the afternoon are always fed upon entry. Dogs with special needs may have two to three meals a day depending on their requirements.
Dry food is always left in the kennel to self-feed, but the main wet meal is served at lunch. This wet meal varies from cooked chicken, roo or tuna with rice, diced mixed vegetables & oils. The dry foods are chicken or beef based.
Chicken sausage, raw chicken necks/wings and raw soft brisket bones are offered to our boarding guests. Those boarders with special diets are catered for and governed by your instructions upon entry. Upon entry our staff will discuss the eating habits of your dog and this information is recorded on their name tags for further reference.
Boarding rooms are continually cleaned throughout the day, and any soiled bedding is replaced daily.
Any medication is administered daily, including insulin injections to our diabetic charges.
Long-term boarders are bathed regularly as part of their caring regime. All boarders receive a complimentary bath after 7 days of boarding. If you should wish your dog to have a hydrobath & groom please inform the staff upon entry and receive a discount for their bath.
Grooming facilities for our boarders are available by appointment. Any “clips & grooms” for all breed types ranging from the poodles, maltese, westies, and an assortment of longhaired mixed breeds are catered.
Music - the Oils
Music throughout the day & our essential oils of lavender & lemongrass diffusing throughout the boarding environment, all add to the ambience and “home-stay” experience for our canine guests!
There is lots of recognition and chats with our staff. And plenty of hugs and kisses to complete the boarding experience, resulting in a sea of wagging-tails and “tongue hanging out" smiles!